I have been keeping a close eye on the forecast for tomorrow and at present it is for patchy light rain in the morning but strong southerly winds. The air temperature is mild but the winds will have a chilling effect.
I therefore intend to go ahead with the walk, we will take a route to the north side of the hill to seek some shelter on the initial steep climb. Once at the summit if it is too windy to continue along the ridge we will take an alternative, returning to the start in a much shorter but interesting route. If the weather is ok we will continue along the ridge to Clagh Ouyr before returning along The Corrany Valley as planned.
The morning is likely to have some rain, the afternoon could be very wet so I wonder if we could start at 9:30 rather than 10am? Please let me know if this is a problem.
Please ensure you have good clothing for the conditions – a good waterproof jacket, hat, gloves and possibly waterproof trousers as well as food and a hot drink. I will have plenty of safety gear, have much experience of such conditions and would not take any risks.
If you find the idea of doing this walk in the forecasted conditions I will be running it again several times through 2021 so just let me know and I can transfer any payments you may have made to a future date.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or issues with the plan.